Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Bishop Grimes Library is to support and supplement the school’s curriculum and to create a student-centered, intellectually stimulating and nurturing environment which enhances student achievement and fosters a love of reading and lifelong learning. The school library media program will act as an integral part of the school community and will strive to ensure that all students and staff become effective users of information and ideas.
Click here for the BG Library Featured Book Video!
- BG Library Catalog
- Library Catalog Student Logins:
- Username: firstname.lastname Password: BGID#
- What would YOU like to read? Suggest a book here.
Please help us to maintain a positive learning environment in the library!
- Show respect for your fellow students, Sister Rosemarie, Mrs. Hendrick, and our library materials and property.
- Speak quietly so that others can work.
- A maximum of four students may sit at each table.
- Food, drinks, and gum are not allowed in the library.
Library Pass Policy
Students may use the library without a pass until 7:45 a.m. After 7:45 a.m., students need a pass from their homeroom teacher. After school, the library is usually available until 3:20 p.m. unless there is a faculty or academic council meeting.
To Work in the Library Periods 1-12
To work in the library during the school day, students need a pass signed by their subject area teacher. If a student comes from study hall, the pass must be signed by their subject area teacher AND their study hall teacher (2 signatures). To come from the senior lounge, students may get a pass from the office.
- Present pass at the desk.
- Sign the login sheet.
- Sign out when you leave.
Library Resources and Equipment
Our library resources include over 10,000 books, several magazine and database subscriptions, hundreds of movies, 18 student computers in the library and 29 in the library lab, 1 printer in the library and 1 in the library lab, 44 sets of headphones, 1 scanner, 1 photo card reader, a Bloggie camera, 1 overhead projector with a screen for the library lab and 1 Tandberg Videoconferencing Unit.
- Information Literacy Skills Instruction
- Reader’s Advisory
- Reference Advisory
- Computer Assistance & Training
- Interlibrary Loan
- Website Development & Maintenance
- Collection Development
- Videoconference Coordinating
Library Circulation Policy
- Print and audio books may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Movies on DVD and VHS may be borrowed for one week.
- Magazines may be borrowed for one week.
- Most reference books may be borrowed overnight but MUST be returned by 1st period of the following school day.
Most material can be renewed unless other students have requested the items.
- The library’s catalog can be found on the left side of the circulation desk or click the link below.
Bishop Grimes Library Catalog
- The Library’s website can connect you to our online databases and additional resources.
- Login to our databases using our shared student computer login password.
Database Passwords- Password Protected