As one of the former Top 50 Catholic High Schools in the USA named by the Cardinal Newman Society based on excellence in academics, Catholic identity, and civic education, Bishop Grimes is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is dedicated to providing educational excellence in a faith-based environment.
Bishop Grimes is an official candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Organization’s (IBO) Middle Year Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). This means that the school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy-a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education – that schools believe is important for students.*
Bishop Grimes prepares our young men and young women for successful and fulfilling academic, personal, professional, and spiritual lives.
Bishop Grimes is Growing and Going Strong!
- Candidate School for the International Baccalaureate Organization’s MYP and DP.
- On-site Chapel, daily prayer, monthly Masses, character development & discipline
- Athletics: 43 modified, JV and varsity sports teams, plus two gymnasiums
- Foreign Languages: French & Spanish as well as trips abroad
- BGTV Communication: Broadcast Production & Computer Editing
- Fine Arts: Band, Chorus, & Drama
- Collaboration with Le Moyne College and AP Courses
- Two full-time IEP and 504-Plan instructors
- Moderate class sizes
- Financial assistance and scholarships available with proper documentation
- Over 75% of our students are athletes
- 100% of our students are prepared for college, career, and life
- 2018 graduating class earned over $8 million in scholarships and financial awards
- All incoming 7th, 8th, and 9th graders receive a complimentary Chromebook
- Students participate in community service projects throughout the year
* Please note that IB candidacy status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit http://www.ibo.org.
Bishop Grimes at a glance: